Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wonderful Workboxes!

I just have to throw a big THANK YOU! out there to Sue Patrick for her creativity to come up with this workbox system...This is only our second week with it and it has blessed our family so much...Our boys are so excited about school now. And that is a total answer to prayer! THANK YOU GOD! HIGH FIVE! to You my precious Faithful Father.

Here is a sample of one of the activities in our boys boxes.

We call it musical alphabet. I cut out large alphabet letters out of felt and I lay them all over the carpet and start the music. My boys ages 7 and 4 either hop, run or skip around until I pause the music. They have to be on a letter when the music stops. Then they take turns telling me the sound of the letter and a word that begins with that letter. They pick up the letter and put it on the couch and we keep playing until all of the letters are gone. Not only are they getting practice learning their sounds, they are also learning scripture as well. We use Integrity Musics God Rocks cds. The boys love them and they love this game...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, I just love this cute idea! Thank you so much for sharing. My brain is already got the wheels in motion with applying this concept during our composer music studies :)

Have a wonderful week and I look forward to more of your posts in the upcoming weeks.
~Mrs.Cuddles

Canadagirl said...

Hi I am newbie,

I just bought Sue Patrick's Workbox ebook last night. I am reading the book and trying to figure out how I want to impliment it all. I have a 14 yo, 10 yo, and 8 yo that I want to work this into their schedules.

Blessings in Him<><
-Mary

http://www..homeschoolblogger.com/Canadagirl

Sheri said...

Now that is a great idea. I could have used that about a year ago. Hope you are all still enjoying your workboxes-I know we are. I am trying to get a collection of goodies to pop in there betwixt the reg. stuff-guess I have 1/2 the summer to do so-which is good. Have a great week!